About Me

My photo
I have had my challenges in life, and what I've come to know is that God never stops giving us opportunities to grow and change. We can ignore these opportunities and look at them as obstacles to be mad about, OR we can look beyond the surface, and ALWAYS find a deeper meaning. I've found what Albert Einstein said was true - you can tell the nature of a person by their answer to one single question - Is this a friendly universe? Henry Ford had it right when he said, Whether you believe you can, or believe you cant, either way you are right. Putting all this into action and practice is our challenge and work, but it is the best work we could sign up for.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Re-Writing

Some of us have heard about the practice of Gratitude. Absolutely important, in the sense its contagious and brings us more to be grateful for.
But what about when we've had one of those days, or weeks, and we hate life; cant think of a thing to be glad about; wish things were different.
My dear meditation teacher (guru as I refer to her), Gloria tells us about re-writing.
Okay so your day sucked. Dont stay stuck in it. Re-write it how it could have gone. Instead of trying to list off what you're grateful for, write the crappy day over, write it how you could've handled it better.
I had one particularly anxious day recently (to which I am prone), and I did exactly what Gloria taught us. Picked up my journal, and re-wrote. It affirms what is possible...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add positive thoughts here!