About Me

My photo
I have had my challenges in life, and what I've come to know is that God never stops giving us opportunities to grow and change. We can ignore these opportunities and look at them as obstacles to be mad about, OR we can look beyond the surface, and ALWAYS find a deeper meaning. I've found what Albert Einstein said was true - you can tell the nature of a person by their answer to one single question - Is this a friendly universe? Henry Ford had it right when he said, Whether you believe you can, or believe you cant, either way you are right. Putting all this into action and practice is our challenge and work, but it is the best work we could sign up for.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Forget the Resolutions...

As I see it, resolutions are for the birds. We usually don't keep them anyhow! And so it becomes this silly little waste of time, helping us to either become better at accepting that it's okay to make promises we don't keep, or to feel lousy about our inability to follow through.

Last year I chucked the New Year Resolution, and implemented New Year Intentions.

An intention is different. Whereas I liken resolutions to hard set goals we carve out for ourselves, intentions to me are softly playing in the background. There is no deadline or point at which we've failed to come through and accomplish the goal. Intentions are intuitive. Intentions are positive. Intentions affirm the best outcome.

A resolution might be to start going to the gym, or even, "I will go to the gym 3x a week." Well we know how that can turn out! By February we've already put our membership on hold bc its too cold and dark to want to leave our house after work!

Along the same lines, the Intention would come from a place of feeling like your body and emotions would benefit from some physical exercise. It would go more like this, "I intend to fulfill my right to healthy living." Or, "I intend to release stress in a healthy way." And then we watch for the ways this plays out for us. We watch for the opportunities which come to us that will make it happen. This gives you so much to work with, and so much room for success! And you don't scold yourself for not keeping the intention. Like I said, you keep it softly in the background, and the universe has a wonderful way of helping us fulfill these life affirming desires!

So be gentle with yourself and listen to what your mind and body are telling you, use that intuition to get your New Years Intentions. Don't go with what you think you "should" do, bc logic has less say with Intentions.

I'm happy to say last year I naturally saw my intentions playing out for me and I fell into a rythem of seeing them through or at least making progress. And I've already gotten that intuitive notion of what I intend for myself in 2014.

Listen to that inner voice to guide you, and you will see wonderful ways you can fulfill your intentions for the new year. Keep them playing softly in the background, and watch for doors to open.

Until then, a VERY Merry Christmas to all... Watch for my next blog post featuring an interview with my dear meditation instructor, Gloria of the Brhama Kumaris!

To a Happy start of 2014...Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add positive thoughts here!